So at this point there are about six hours until 2015, which just goes to show how good I am at procrastinating. I think the reason I stayed away from this blog for so long was that I just didn’t know what to write about. I wanted to write something interesting, something people would enjoy reading, but I didn’t know where to begin. I spent so long searching for the perfect idea that 2014 got tired of hanging around and just sped on by.
It’s the same way with writing novels. I’ve been sitting around for a year now, just waiting for the perfect idea to come to me. Just waiting for inspiration. But I finally realized that you can’t just sit and wait, because life will pass you by. The perfect idea isn’t something that comes; it’s something that’s made. And it can’t be made unless you start somewhere. So from now on, I’m not going to sit and wait anymore. My resolutions for the new year are to resurrect this blog and to write as often and as much as I can.
That being said, even though 2014 went fast, it was a great year, and I feel obligated to recount some of what made it so memorable for me:
1. Graduating high school/getting my IB diploma/starting college
2. My trip to Egypt, Yemen, and India/seeing family
3. Getting my driver’s license
4. Summer sleepovers/get-togethers with friends/volleyball/badminton/playing euchre all night
5. The coldest winter ever/the most snow days ever/skiing/bonding time on the ski lift
6. Performing at teahouse
8. Senior prank/senior skip day/senior skit
9. Playing “I Spy” with my friend Shriyash during band class/band in general
10. My last synchronized swimming season
So here’s to 2014 – and here’s to 2015 being even better.